Wednesday 7 September 2011

Autumn/Winter 2011 DIY Style


I know it's been a while since my last post, I've been busy with various things one of which has been the launch of my online vintage store tubberflyvintage.com which has been live for over a month and I'm delighted with how many people have visited the store already.  I guess it's now that the hard work begins with putting my advertising and marketing skills to the test.  Of course if you're reading this and feel like purchasing some unique vintage accessories then please visit the online store which will be updated regularly (naturally I had to plug the site).  


It's now officially Autumn, after a rather lame summer in England, and having read various fashion mags, style blogs and browsed through the latest catwalk shows I'm happy to observe that recent shows from London, Paris and Milan are embracing colour.  It's so easy to turn to a dark and dreary colours when it's bleak outside but it's amazing what a splash of colour can do to your overall styling and also how it can make you feel.  Recent catwalk shows from Marc Jacobs, Elie Saab and Chloe show great use of colour and with the Hight St stores becoming more reactive then ever you can pick up some key pieces for a fraction of the cost, see my top picks below:


A/W2011 DKNY
Bright, cosy and warm
River Island Peplum Jumper £32.00
Fitted High Street alternative
A/W2011 Marc Jacobs
A really popular yet versatile shade for the season 

French Connection Oilseed Tee £27.00




A/W2011 Marc Jacobs cable knit jumper
River Island Cable Knit £35.00
A great staple to brighten up dark jeans

A/W 2011 Paris street style
Some gorgeous pillar box red skinny jeans 

Topshop Cerise Kristen Jeans £40.00
Gorgeous colour for statement styling
A/W2011 London Jason Wu £585
New Look £12.99 
A bargain alternative that you can have in every colour of the rainbow

A/W2011 Miu Miu
I love this bold print especially when paired with stripes, spots and patterns a la Dame Vivienne Westwood
Mango £64.90
The same gorgeous bold print that won't break the bank from my favourite European shop

From my last catwalk round up (SS2011) I focused on investment pieces which, unless you're Carrie Bradshaw, would cost a fortune.  It's easy to think that without spending over £500 on clothes you can't be fashionable or stylish but stealing somebody else's look whether it be your favourite designer, a celebrity or even a friends is not necessarily what styling is about for me, it's really about mixing what you have to create you're own style which you feel comfortable in.  When you think about the world's most stylish people, they tend to pave the way for fashion only because they're comfortable in what they're wearing.  Take a look at some of my favourite styling below

Fearne Cotton - Someone who's style is quirky and effortless not to mention her ability to have amazing hair
whatever the length or colour.


Jessica Alba - I'm a big fan of combining cobalt blue and black and this lady is definitely a style winner with both whatever the occasion 




Nicole Richie - I love how experimental she is with her style, this vintage look is laid back yet smart and I'm loving the hat.
I know I keep promising to dedicate a post about mens fashion, I shall do my homework and hopefully gather my thoughts soon.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment