Sunday 30 October 2011

Top picks for Autumn/Winter

As the nights are drawing in and the weather here in the UK has finally made it's mind up and decided to be cold I thought it would be fitting to do another 'Top Picks' post focusing on my essentials for Autumn/Winter.


I'd also like to add that I have seen a lot of top picks recently and don't agree that all the products have to be overpriced exclusives from high-end stores, it's all about whatever works for you.  Having had my fair share of disappointing purchases over the years my 'top picks' focus on tried and tested products and styles.  
This is amazing for clump - free thickness and can be built up for ultra glam eyes or used as an everyday mascara.  Lovely fool-proof wand which gives an even application.  Perfect handbag essential.
Available from Boots £16.50  
If like me you have very sensitive oily/combination skin then this is great and works well as a make-up primer too.  Made of natural ingredients which is super kind to the skin it feels silky and dries instantly.
Available from Boots £7.99

If like me you wear layers during the colder months then a chunky knitted snood can instantly add warmth and texture to any outfit.  This chunky snood from French Connection is the perfect colour and can be worn over or under a jacket or coat
French Connection £18.00

I'm currently trying to grow my hair and there's nothing worse then for it to be exposed to rain, central heating and cold weather.  Aussie's 3 minute miracle works wonders in conditioning hair and leaving it soft and shiny.  I'm a huge fan of quick fixes. 
Available from Boots £4.69 

I bought these boots a couple years back and am pleased that Kurt Geiger's bought them back.  They're rugged, stylish and incredibly warm as they're lined with sheepskin.  They were perfect for the heavy snowfalls and a great alternative to Uggs (not practical in the snow at all) and Hunters (they're much more warmer).
Sadler from Kurt Geiger £190
I was bought this as a present from the new Rituals store that opened in Solihull (West Midlands), having never tried anything from the store I was pleasantly surprised.  The smell is incredible and lingers for days, the cream absorbs well and keeps the skin moisturised all day.  Perfect indulgence for colder months.
From Rituals and available online £13.50
  
I love this perfume, I bought when it first came out and think it's one of those rare smells which is suited for both Summer and Winter.  It's fruity, sweet and musky all at the same time.
Juice Couture by Juicy Couture £35.00 100ml



I know last time I posted my top picks I had a lot of comments from readers on their tried and tested favourites, would love to hear about them.   


Happy Reading xoxo    

No comments:

Post a Comment