Wednesday 9 March 2011

A Rebel With A Cause

The formal definition of 'rebellious' is showing a desire to resist authority, control, or convention and in the past couple of months I've seen various representations of modern day 'rebels' in both a positive and negative light. 

Most recently you have Charlie Sheen being sacked for reported drug & alcohol abuse before voicing ideas of grandeur and posting a vacancy on Twitter for an intern to assist him in his future conquests.  John Galliano unnecessarily rebelling in public and showing his 'true colours' leading to a very public and embarrassing demise.  The amazing Lady Gaga supporting her revolutionary stylist Nicole Formichetti ,for Thierry Mugler, at Paris Fashion Week who is famously known for creating her controversial 'meat dress'. 

Personally I've never really believed in conforming (this is more evident from my rebellious teenage years) as I've always found it more exciting and motivating to follow the unknown compared to the familiar.  I think this is why, with age, I've come to appreciate originality even more whether it be music, fashion, art or thinking.  Fortunately I'm also surrounded by like-minded friends (especially Pikolo boy & Queen b) and colleagues who help keep this trait instilled within me. 

Take a look at some of my favourite rebels below!!
Enjoy xoxo


Sony Bravia 'Balls' Advert, Directed by Nicolai Fuglsig (1996)

Dame Vivienne Westwood

Galaxy by Jackson Pollock (1947)

Lady Gaga in Thierry Mugler at Paris Fashion Week 2011


Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire (1996)

Guernica, Pablo Picasso (1937)





1 comment: