Tuesday 8 February 2011

Superbowl Retro Magic!!!

This morning I've been reading about the collosal spend of advertising during the US Superbowl XLV on Sunday - an estimate $100,000 per second.  I am not a fan of the NFL nor do I fully understand the sport, but what I do enjoy is the healthy competition of advertising before, during and after the game. 

For me the Superbowl encompasses the 'American Dream', obviously when you remove the multimillion pound sponsorships, plugs, licence fees, gambling revenues, celebrity endorsements and merchandise you're left with a fraction of the 90 million viewers who actually want to enjoy watching the game and not Christina Aguilera apparently fluffing the lines of the national anthem. 

The representation of hope, history, magic, unity, teamwork, belief, success, vision, winning and triumph would have probably been the main focus of most advertising creative briefs when thinking about brands during the Superbowl.  I was interested to know how these representations could change over time so I've picked a few of my favourites from the past 20 years - please see following video posts.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment